Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An exercise in patience...

There's been a bit of baking happening here over the last week. There have been lots of helpers, as evidenced by the floury fingerprints all over the kitchen, and the sticky spots over the floor... Between you and me cooking with children is a real patience building exercise - there's a lot of breath holding, and I have to keep reminding myself that it's about the process rather than the end result, and flour and sugar all over the floor can be cleaned up! I must say, though, that the cakes have been very yummy.


Don cooked up all the beetroot we pulled from the veggie patch. Yummy!


I'm thinking I'm going to have to find the egg moulds, so I can make chicken no.1 Easter eggs this year. There is generally one store in town that sees fit to stock dairy & nut free chocolate, but evidently this year someone way down in Melbourne decided we didn't need it this year!! Grrrrrr.....

No comments: