Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ways to waste time on a Thursday


The Wordle. Not that I have many words on my blog yet, but these are the most prominent:


I tried making my own version of Lotta Jansdotter's apron recently. It worked out alright I think. I'm saving it incase the one I'm trying to make for my sister for her birthday doesn't work out - it's incredibly complicated, and I've threatened to throw it in the bin several times now! I also tried a material shopping bag, based on the plastic bag shape (I got the idea from craftster.org). It's cute, but whether it's worth the hassle of making it, when you can pick up a 'green' bag from the supermarket for $1 is another question. I made 3, of course, because I couldn't help myself! They do look cute, are very sturdy and easy to fold up. You could keep one in your handbag if you had a large handbag.


And some other aprons I've made recently (Happy Birthday, Jane Ann!!). Sorry one of them is sideways - the blog editor keeps turning it around and there's nothing I can do about it.




And finally, an excerpt from a funny email titled "the truth about motherhood..." about the difference in attitude you have with each subsequent child. (I'm happy to forward to email to anyone who wants it). I thought of this the other morning when I had locked myself in the bathroom so I could eat my breakfast in peace!

--------------
At Home: 1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.
2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.
3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children
--------------

No comments: