Monday, September 1, 2008

Of mice and men

Bit of a feral week last week, with things going on outside the family causing stress. But... not my story to tell, so 'nuff said. The weekend was nice, though - we had a combination of nice sunny weather for outdoor projects on Saturday, then lots of wonderful rain on Sunday.

I keep raving about my sewing, but you should see some of Don's projects. They are on a considerably larger scale! Can you guess what he's making with those large wooden posts? The other project, being the shed, hit it's critical usable point and has slowed down... to... well... a grinding halt, really! I think he just has to add the down pipes (and another frame for some more climbing roses...).



I used my mummy's-time-to-herself on the weekend to make some more handbags. Here are two of them. I forgot to take a photo of the one I sold already. Oh well. Just have to press these one's and they'll be ready to go.



And after over a month of chicken no.1 camping out in her brother's room we have finally been able to move her back into her own room! Unfortunately it was nothing exciting, like redecorating the room, but waiting for the smell of dead mouse to die away (it died in her wall). For such a tiny thing those mice do smell for a looooooong time.

No comments: